Mold is a common and necessary part of our world. All around us in nature, mold is breaking down organic material and recycling nutrients back to the soil. It is when mold begins growing in places we do not want it to, like our homes, that it becomes a serious issue. Did you know that mold can be lurking inside of your home, without your knowledge? Scary, right?
To keep your home and family healthy be on the lookout for hidden signs of mold. Sneakier than a quiet toddler, mold does not just grow on your white bathroom ceiling, it can be behind walls or in the attic.
Common signs of mold are:
- Moisture issues: Mold can grow anywhere inside of your home where moisture is present and there is a food source. Mold flourishes in damp or humid environments. A leaky pipe, high humidity, or a damp basement can all lead to mold growth.
- Respiratory symptoms: There are different types of mold that can cause allergy or flu-like symptoms, such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, headaches, and nausea.
- Ventilation or insulation problems: Poor ventilation or inadequate insulation in your attic can lead to mold growth.
- Spotting or discoloration: Discoloration throughout your home on walls, ceiling or floors could be a potential sign of mold growth.
- Musty Smells: The musty smell alone does not mean that you have mold, however you should have it looked at.
Don’t throw your hands in the air, running for the hills if you suspect your house has mold. Reach out to a mold professional today, they will be able to guide you in the laws of proper mold removal and remediation.